Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Building a Master Grade Ex-S Gundam Chinese Rip-off Part 6


So I'm building a Master Grade Ex-S Gundam Chinese bootleg kit. How is my progress? Let's find out.
Basically this master grade is humongous. It has a lot of parts. Far too many parts for a master grade. By the box alone, you would think that this model kit is a perfect grade. I have spent probably around 40 hours just doing this model kit.



At this point, I just thought to myself, "forget it!". And I did not bother sanding and trimming the parts really well. I just hastily put the parts together. Right now, I have done the legs and combined it with the torso. Now the only thing left is the backpack and arms and the weapons.


Even at this point, I still can't believe how big the model kit is. And how many parts it has. And the parts are not small or anything, a lot of them are just huge. 


One of the downsides of this kit is the multiple sizes of the screws. I have trouble dealing with the screws of this model kit, specially with the 2x6mm screws with the 2.6x6mm screws. 


Even the beam cannons on the side skirts are quite tricky to build and took me quite some time. And even when I was finished with it, it was still fiddly.


The head Incom is quite loose and it may fall off. And it actually happened to me, the head Incom fell and disappeared. Its a good thing that this model kit has spare parts to make another head Incom. So, since I do not care about the gimmick, I glued it down. 


 And there she is, standing on its legs, without the help of the stand. Amazing....








No comments:

Post a Comment