Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wii U in Dire Straits?


I was shopping a few days ago and I noticed something that may not be noticeable to some people, and it may also concern Nintendo's fate.




I went to my local game store to pick up my copy of Ketsui for the PS3 (I'm slow, I know), and noticed that there is a console not being sold with the local game store.

Yes, there was not a single Wii U console being sold in the store. It was nothing, nada. I asked the clerk how much is a Wii U console, and he said it is currently out of stock.


But they still sell 3DS and PSVita, even PSP, yet they don't have a single Wii U there. Sure, there are some accessories for the Wii U being sold there like the gamepad cover, chargers and what not, but not the Wii U console itself.


The picture above is a shelf where the Wii U console used to be on display, now it is replaced by Revoltech figures. Not that I don't like Revoltech, but even the Wii Mini is still being sold.



But to my surprise, Wii U game are still being sold in the store. That may relieve some Nintendo fans, but Wii U problems run deep.

For the sake of avoiding legal battles and stuff, I don't and will not name names.

After money hatting the other clerk, he eventually told me that the Wii U is being considered if they will be continued to be sold or just not accept more shipments of it anymore. The Wii U has a ratio of 1 unit sold per 4 months, and thats just astoundingly disappointing.

Did Nintendo finally made a very bad console that nobody wants? I don't know, but for one thing I know for sure, the Wii U gamepad is the biggest problem of the console. Why, well, I'll tell all about it in a future update.

No comments:

Post a Comment